Our 34th(!) Annual Gym & Swim Summer Camp is shaping up to be one of our best ever, and it’s just around the corner. In addition to the gymnastics fun we have in store every year, all summer long, we are looking forward to having some extra special guests, events and field trips this summer.
The “Swim” portion of the Gym & Swim camp will be on two select afternoons during the week (days TBA). Life guards, pool supervisors and our own coaches are on hand to ensure everyone’s safety. Your camper does not need to be a world class swimmer to take part in the pool fun, but we recommend they’re comfortable in the water and are at least 5 years old.
The afternoon fun doesn’t end at the pool. Every Wednesday, campers 5 and older take a field trip over to Chuck E. Cheese! And EVERY Wednesday is Wacky Wednesday, so come with your wackiest hair-do, hat and style, and ready for some (washable) colored hairspray!
Fridays, we take a short trip over to our neighbors at GetAir for some trampoline park fun! And some of our special guests and activities this year include a visitor from Pre-historic Pets, art lessons and face painting with SCATS staff and friends, HB police officers and firefighters, and more!
As you can see, the summer promises to be jam-packed with fun at SCATS. We’ll be taking sign-ups later this month, so start thinking about what weeks work best for you and yours. If you’re looking to just drop by now and then throughout summer, no problem! A camp punch card gets you 2 free camp days for every 10 purchased. Lots of options and flexibility for you this summer!
Check out our 2020 Summer Camp brochure with weekly focus elements and other details to see what it’s all about! (please see modifications below that will supersede some information in this brochure in adjusting for Covid-19 protocols)
Fill out a 2020 Summer Camp registration form in advance to help breeze through your registration and first camp day!
A few adjustments specific to 2020 Summer Camp, as we address health concerns with respect to Covid-19:
• Camp drop-off and pick-up will be done entirely outside of the gym’s front entrance while observing social distancing.
• Summer Camp will end at 2:30 PM instead of 3:00 PM each day for the first 4 weeks of camp minimum (or until further notice), to allow for more cleaning time prior to afternoon classes beginning in the gym and to alleviate foot and parking lot traffic congestion.
• Week-long reservations (5 consecutive days, M-F) are the only reservations available for the first 4 weeks of camp or until further notice, so that we may maintain continuity in groups of students each week and minimize the number of different students inside the gym interacting. Half or Full days are still available. For first-time campers 5 and under, we are happy to do a Monday trial day and charge the difference for a full week if they are to continue attending camp the full week!
• 50 campers maximum in the morning or afternoon session of camp. Reservations are first come first serve.
• Campers will be in age-appropriate sub-groups with child-to-teacher ratios set forth in county and state Covid-19 guidelines for daycare services at the time, which is subject to change without notice per our county’s discretion and recommendations. Siblings, regardless of age, will be placed together in the same sub-group with the same instructor.
• Daily activities may be amended dramatically as needed to provide the safest environment possible and avoid excessive aspiration, general respiratory risks, and general exhaustion.
• Parents must complete an additional liability waiver for Summer Camp 2020, covering Covid-19 specifically. Students will not be permitted to participate without this and all waivers being completed, signed, and returned prior to entering the gym.
• New health precautions and guidelines may evolve without notice.